SHR strives to provide an environment where our team members can grow and contribute to the company’s success by focusing of their strengths. The positive, team-focused culture, highly competitive salaries, outstanding health benefits and extensive training and development programs offer a rewarding work experience.
SHR sets high performance expectations and we reward dedicated team members who are driven to produce impactful and innovative results for our clients and the company. If this sounds like a company you would like to be a part of, we would like to hear from you.
Available opportunities are listed below. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or if you would like to apply for an open position.
We are Hiring!SHR is growing and we have maxed out the caffeine intake, so we need help. If you are really smart (but don’t let everyone know it), a team player, a problem solver, honest and hard working; we want to meet you. If on top of all that you happen to have experience in the hospitality industry (hotels and Central Res Systems in particular), when can you start? All positions are Houston-based.
Client Experience Manager
The Client Experience Manager (CXM) is the customer advocate for Sceptre Hospitality Management (SHR) and serves as the main point-of-contact for our customers. The objective of the CXM is to understand client needs & objectives, develop strategies and work in connection with our internal SHR teams to execute against projects and campaigns. The CXM will help increase sales and secure renewals through building value through WindsurferCRS and other SHR solutions while at the same time build strong relationships with our customers. The CXM must have a deep understanding of the SHR’s products and the hospitality industry.
The CXM works directly with their assigned group of customers to grow customer’s revenues as well as the revenues of Sceptre Hospitality.The CXM will be evaluated on the overall performance of their assigned portfolio transactional growth in revenue, customer retention/renewal and customer satisfaction/loyalty rating.
- Works with Sales and Product resources to ensure that renewals and qualified leads are actioned.
- Responsible for the successful on-boarding and on-going delivery of services to assigned customer base.
- Reviews all major deliverables to ensure quality standards and expectations are met and exceeded.
- Responsible for total account management function, including increasing sales (transactions) and securing renewals, serving as the central point of contact.
- Responsible for all customer communications, conflict resolution and compliance on contractual deliverables.
- Provide revenue management strategies and forecast estimates in support of customers.
- Proactively drive effective strategies to achieve organic growth as well as expand business by creating value propositions to create opportunities.
- Oversee the development of the integrated business plans per property taking into consideration items such as booking patterns, customer profiles, competitive sets and all demand marketing channels.
- Conducts regular account reviews with customers to ensure that customer’s goals and expectations are being met.
- Ensures that the customer issues are being resolved in a timely manner and that all escalated matters are handled with a sense of urgency and are within SLAs.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in a combination of revenue management, hotel eCommerce, and/or marketing or sales providing services and solutions to hotels in revenue management.
- Excellent analytical, problems solving and troubleshooting skills — ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills, sales skills and business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Detail oriented with a bias toward action (project management experience preferred)
- Demonstrated ability in ensure achievement of client objectives and company financial objectives through understanding of client objectives and influencing and directing internal product and operations teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis
- Computer proficiency in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, salesforce.com, etc.
- Participation in compliance activities that include audit log collection, analysis & reporting
- Ability, patience and self-confidence to work with inexperienced or frustrated customers who may not be familiar with our products or procedures.
- Consistently energetic performer with an upbeat, positive attitude that will show through to our customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, and able to work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or relevant experience preferred
- Houston (preferred)
Technical Support - Tier 2
Job SummaryThe tier 2 technical support person will work on day to day customer care for Sceptre hoteliers. They will be responsible for researching client requests, regular communication and status updates with our clients, and facilitation of change management as needed.
- Ensure quality processes and customer satisfaction on all customer interactions
- Utilize company process flows and previous experience to research issues and assist customers
- Educate customers on the Sceptre Hospitality products and training resources available
- Identify and communicate critical issues quickly and escalate to appropriate points of contact
- Keep up-to-date with system enhancements and changing processes and procedures
- Ensure effective communication and stakeholder engagement activities
- Work independently and proactively with confidence to ensure timely resolution to customer requests
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Ability to discern and select most appropriate avenue for resolution
- Adaptability on approach in order to achieve progress in dynamic situations
- Drive and manage resolution of issues, escalating where necessary
- Two years of Customer Service experience required, preferably in the Hospitality Industry
- Support/ Help Desk or Issue Resolution experience required
- Customer facing experience through live phone and email contact
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and CRM utilization
- Willingness to be available for after-hours (possible weekend) issue resolutions
- Analytical problem-solver with talent for identifying root causes and understanding complex work processes which are used to resolve customer issues and able to make solid judgment calls
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing to both internal and external clients
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Personable professional who is a relationship-builder and who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues
- Ability, patience and self-confidence to work with inexperienced customers who may not be familiar with a feature or procedure.
- Process driven problem solver with ability to follow directions and process flows.
- Consistently energetic performer with positive attitude that will show through to our customers
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience preferred
SENIOR .NET DEVELOPERAs a Senior .NET Developer you will be working on the web front end of a hotel central reservations system.
- Develop Enterprise level applications in .NET 4.0 & 3.5 on time and to specifications.
- Support ongoing maintenance, customization, & extension of the online reservations system
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively with Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Business Executives to understand requirements essential to providing high quality, scalable, & deliverable solutions.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent work experience relating to complex software application development.
- 3+ years experience with web development for mobile and tablet devices
- 5+ years experience with object oriented application design and development using C#.
- In depth knowledge on support for cross browser compatibility
- Experience with using source control and advanced source control features such as branching, merging, & externals.
- Experience with web page performance optimization for fast download.
- Experience with high volume traffic web site design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior ColdFusion and PHP experience will be a big plus.
- Experience in the hotel/travel industry a big plus.
NETWORK/HOSTING INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGERThis exciting position will be responsible for web hosting operations in two different data centers. This person will support all hosting related issues and requests for both external and internal users. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and forward-thinking member of the technical community with experience using Microsoft Technologies.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary duties for this position are focused on systems management, including network and file services, hardware and software support, managing patch management, system backups, monitoring and inventory. Additionally, this position will help IT support entities and the end-user as to resolution of incidents. This is a demanding position for a highly skilled I.T. professional as the systems to be overseen are of mission critical nature
- Troubleshooting Web stack issues (IIS 6-8, Clustering, SQL, and .net errors)
- General Administration in MS IIS hosting environment
- Experience with high availability and scalability concepts
- Strong knowledge of networking principles, including DNS and Load balancers
- Experience with MS NLB Load Balancing
- Experience with web security, including SSL Certificates.
- Willingness to be available for after-hours issue resolutions
- Troubleshooting of system hardware/software problems
- Maintaining of documentation of inventory for servers, hardware and software.
- Participation in the IT Change Management and Asset Management processes
- Documenting of incident resolutions into the appropriate ticketing systems
- Interacting effectively with others and clear communication - verbally and in writing
- Participation in compliance activities that include audit log collection, analysis & reporting
- Performing system monitoring to ensure the integrity and availability of all IT server resources, reviewing system and application logs
- Performing daily backup operations that include ensuring backups are successfully accomplished and the proper disposition of media.
- Addition and configuration of new services and hardware as required in support of break-fix activities or system projects
- Performing after-hours system support during scheduled and unscheduled outages and standard monthly patching requirements
- 95% Windows .NET / 5% Linux hosting environment
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- VMware ESX Enterprise Plus 4.X/5.X
- DELL EqualLogic
- DELL MD3000
- Cisco ASA firewalls
- DELL Router programming
- Web application firewalls
- MS-Windows Server 2003
- MS-Windows Server 2008
- MS-Windows Server 2008 R2
- MS-IIS 6.0, 7.0, 7.5
- MS-SQL Server 2008
- AlienVault Security App
- SCOM 2012
- SCCM 2012
- Symantec Backup Exec 2012
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- 4-year B.S. degree, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred
- Prior SaaS hosting experience
Administration experience with the following:
- IIS web servers 6, 7, 7.5
- VMware ESX 4.x/5.x
- MS-SQL R2 exposure (Configuration and Administration)
- MS Servers 2003-2008 R2
- Monitoring (SCOM & SCCM)
- Backups (Symantec Backup Exec)
- Log management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a "get it done" attitude
- Enthusiastic personality
- Network Routing and firewall experience
- Linux platform
- VMware SRM
- IT security audits (PCI & HIPPA) and remediation
Sceptre Hospitality Resources is an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws, which can include race, color, creed, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or physical or mental disability unrelated to job requirements. SHR's policies also provide for a drug-free workplace, where the use, possession, or influence of illegal drugs or alcohol while on company time is generally prohibited. An employee's use (or abuse) of legally prescribed medication may also implicate company policy, where it impairs judgment or work performance or otherwise creates workplace safety risks.